Sunday, November 20, 2011

shadow

i saw a shadow tonight
a shadow of me walking down...
taking each step.. looking around..
eyes never caught a glimpse...

and i see many people around...
voices and laughters and tales lost and found..
people that fought and loved..
and fought again...

my hands reached for the empty space... and lapsed
and yet no one could see...
i was just a shadow indeed...
travelled through time.. lost in haze..
waiting for none to come around..

they were beautiful faces... blooming full of life..
together they shared the tales of yester years..

Together they laughed together they cried
And the tea poured down into each cup
toasted and tasted every night

I closed my eyes I fell asleep
And saw myself on a hilltop
Beautiful it was one isolated rock
Surrounded by birds that few in flocks

And as i looked down the hill
there lay familiar ground
A pretty land of lost souls
Made up of sand and mud
there were little huts
I knocked on one and another
There was not a sound

Tired and desperate i turned back
And saw dead shadows around
voices and laughters and tales lost and found...
shadows of people that fought and loved
And fought again...

No comments: